If you are interested in joining our team, you should be prepared to work hard, have a great attitude, be able to go above and beyond for our patients, and have fun doing it. Beautiful brand-new office opening soon!
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Schedules appointments for patients either by phone when they call in or in person after an office visit. If medical practice offers after-hours/one-day appointments, schedules these appointments following urgent/emergency protocols.
- Uses computerized system to match physician/clinician availability with patient’s preferences in terms of date and time.
- Ensures that updates (e.g., cancellations or additions) are input daily into master schedule.
- Communicates as needed with physicians/clinicians and other staff about any patient concerns/issues related to scheduling. Consults with office manager about any system or operational problems.
- Greets visitors and assists them as appropriate. Phones or pages employees to meet visitors, directs visitors to appropriate waiting areas, and appropriately and courteously screen solicitors for relevance to organization needs.
- Explains financial requirements to the patients or responsible parties and collects copays as required.
- Handles registration, verifies patient insurance, accurate data entry to ensure accurate patient billing and efficient account collection.
- Uses customer service principles and techniques to deal with patients calmly and pleasantly.
- Verifies insurance as needed and obtains authorizations for clinical or surgical procedures.
- Reviews coding of medical encounters for accuracy prior to submission of claims.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma.
Experience: Minimum two years of experience in an appointment scheduling position in a medical practice setting.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Front Office: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Spanish (Required)